Words of Sympathy
When sending a sympathy card or note of condolence it is often difficult to know what to say or how to phrase your thoughts and feelings. We have compiled a list of appropriate and warm sympathy sayings to give you a guideline of what to write in a sympathy card. Feel free to combine phrases and write what feels natural and comfortable to you. Your friend or loved one is going to appreciate that you are acknowledging their grief and honoring their loss.
We also encourage you to write a personal note sharing a memory of the deceased. Most people relate that receiving cards with personal memories helps them in their healing journey. They want to recall the wonderful and special memories of their loved one and when you share some special aspects of your relationship with the deceased, it brings warmth to their grieving heart. If you did not have a personal relationship with the deceased, don't worry and don't stretch to make up a memory. Just know that your note of sympathy will be appreciated.
- You are in my thoughts.
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
- We are thinking of you.
- We are thinking of you during this difficult time.
- With deepest sympathy,
- My sincere sympathy,
- Our warmest condolences,
- With heartfelt condolences,
- Please accept my condolences,
- We are deeply sorry to hear about the death of "name of deceased".
- Remember that we love and care about you.
- As you grieve know that we are remembering you and honoring the memory of "name of the deceased".
- With caring thoughts,
- With loving memories of "name of deceased",
- Sent with love and remembrance,
- Our hearts go out to you in your time of sorrow.
- "Name of Deceased" will remain in our hearts forever.
- We pray the love of God enfolds you during your journey through grief.
We send you thoughts of comfort.
- Please accept our most heartfelt sympathies for your loss…our thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.
- With love and hugs,
- We will miss "name of deceased".
- We share comfort in knowing "name of deceased" is no longer suffering. We send thoughts of sympathy and support to you as you begin your journey without "name of deceased".
- Remembering you and "name of deceased" in our minds and in our hearts.
- With thoughts of peace and courage for you,
- We send you thoughts of peace and courage.
- Words seem inadequate to express the sadness we feel about "name of deceased" death. We are here to support you in your grieving process. With sincere sympathy,
- "Name of deceased" brought so many gifts to our life. We will never forget him/her!
- May your heart and soul find peace and comfort.
- Peace, Prayers and Blessings
"He's in a better place."
"Call me if there is anything I can do."
"It's God's will."
"I know how you feel"