About the White Lily - Easter Lily :
The White lily, popularly referred to as Easter Lily is imbued with symbolic significance and spiritual associations. The beautiful trumpet-shaped white lilies symbolize purity, virtue, innocence, hope and life—the spiritual essence of Easter, hence the name Easter Lily. Decorating homes and churches, the white lily embodies joy, hope and life. Whether as a flower gift or enjoyed in our own home, the White Easter Lily is beautiful reminder that Easter is a time of joy and celebration. White lilies referred to as the "white-robed apostles of hope," are closely associated with the Virgin Mary. Victorian flower language, the pure White Easter lily translates to youthful innocence.
White Lily Bouquet Care Tips :
Your white lilies will arrive in bud form, opening in succession over the next 1-3 days. White Lilies are long lasting flowers and may last between 10-14 days if properly cared for. White Lilies bruise easily, so handle them with particular care. The blooms open in succession, and you can snip off spent flowers close to the main stem. Lilies are thirsty flowers make sure you check the water level daily and replace with fresh water
- Cut the band and remove your White lily bouquet from the box immediately upon arrival.
- Cut your white lily stems 1 inch under running water
- Place your white lily in a vase filled with 3/4 luke warm water and a packet of floral food
- Fill a clean vase 3/4 full with warm water and add the contents of the floral preservative
- Keep white lily bouquet away from drafts, direct sunlight, and excessive heat or cold
- Make sure to add fresh water or replenish the water if dirty, removing the dead foliage as needed
- Important Tip for White Lilies – All white lilies should have the pollen stamens removed as they open. This will enhance the life of the white lily and prevent any staining from the pollen. If you get any white lily pollen on your clothing DO NOT rub off with your hands (rubs pollen deeper into the fabric). Use a toothbrush or a dry towel to brush off pollen.