About Red Tulips: Red tulips are a declaration of love, and make a perfect flower gift for a loved one. Red tulips are a great Feng Shui flower to display in ones home. Red Tulips are said to increase the power of the tulip to bring fame into your life. . In the 17th century Tulips were used as currency. Holland loved the tulips, and tulips became a status of wealth and prestige. The tulip bulbs became so popular that "tulipomania" developed early in the 17th century between 1634 and 1637. Red tulips are a favourite at FlowerFresh, and we feature artfully arranged red tulip bouquets, occasionally mixed with other flowers.
Red Tulips Care Tips:
Your red tulips have travelled a long distance, all the way from Holland, to reach you. This long journey may make them appear tired and thirsty upon arrival. These popular blooms are shipped to you via fedex with the utmost care to ensure freshness and bloom life, please follow our care tips to enjoy your red tulips for as long as possible.
- Cut the band securing your tulips, but keep the red tulip bouquet wrapped in the paper to support the flower heads. This sleeve is designed to support your red tulips when they have their first drink, as tulips stems tend to soften during transit
- Tear the bottom of the wrap and trim the red tulip stems 1 inch under running water
- Place the red tulips in a vase with luke warm water mixed with floral food
- Remember that tulips tend to grow (upto 2 inches) after they've been in a vase for a little while, growing in the direction of the light, so please allow for this when arranging your red tulips.
- Tulips tend to need a lot of fresh water to flourish, so add fresh water or replenish water as needed, recutting stems if necessary to maximize water uptake.