About Purple Iris:
The Fleur-de-Lis a stylized version of the Iris has symbolized France since the 13th century. The Iris was used to represent French royalty and is said to signify perfection, light, and life. Iris is the National flower of France and has been used for the insignia and emblem of France. In some parts of the world the purple iris can denote royalty. Today, the iris is the state flower of Tennessee, and the Fleur-de-lis is the emblem for the city of New Orleans. The purple iris makes perfect flower gift for almost any occasion, be it birthday, get well or just to tell someone you are thinking of them. We use the purple iris in variety of our bouquets in combination with other flowers, such as roses and lilies.
Purple Iris Care Tips:
The sensitive delicate purple iris flowers are shipped in tight bud form, which will open to full bloom in 1-2 days. Your purple iris flower bouquet has travelled a long distance to arrive at your door step and will need immediate hydration upon arrival. Follow the care tips mention below to maximize the vase life of your purple iris bouquet.(4-8 days) Allow for space in arranging purple irises to open fully being careful not bump the delicate tips of the flowers. Purple iris flowers can be manually opened by peeling the sheath backwards approximately halfway down the bud, this pops the iris flower head open.
- Cut the band and remove your Purple iris bouquet from the box immediately upon arrival.
- Cut your purple iris stems 1 inch under running water
- Place your purple iris in a vase filled with 3/4 luke warm water and a packet of floral food
- Fill a clean vase 3/4 full with warm water and add the contents of the floral preservative
- Keep purple iris bouquet away from drafts, direct sunlight, and excessive heat or cold
- Make sure to add fresh water or replenish the water if dirty, removing the dead foliage as needed